(include cover photo)
Table of Contents
→ 421 objectives, scattered across all 50 states, DC, and four US territories.
→ Quest code: N-USA-003
Why visiting the national parks is a great quest
A brief paragraph on why this quest is interesting. (optional, add these as we can)
What qualifies (“the rules”)
To be included in this quest, objectives must be officially designated units of the National Parks System, as defined by the National Park Service.
Map of Objectives
List of Objectives
This would normally be a simple table of the objectives, but in this case, it’d be a separate subpage (given the sheer number) that would be linked to here.
There would be a link to the changelog, which would be a subpage.
There would also be a link to submit any changes to the objectives.
Subquests, milestones, and related quests
There are a number of sub-quests you can pursue if you’re not up for the larger quest.
- Complete “named” national parks
- Complete units in an individual NPS region
- Complete units in a single state
- Complete units in Contiguous US
- Complete one unit in each state
- Expand the quest to include all Treasured Places
- Former national park units
- National Scenic Trails & National Historic Trails of the NPS
- Affiliated Areas of the NPS
Link and pitch for downloading the app and tracking your quest progress.
Some way for people to “request” or “+1”
You can download a free spreadsheet to track your progress here (this is an email opt-in form).
Keep in mind
- Some national park units, especially those outside the Contiguous US, have limited transportation options.
- Not all park units are open year-round
- There are annual and lifetime passes available
- Some objectives are often called “National Parks and Preserve” even when they are technically separate objectives
Join the community
Link and short pitch for the community goes here
Link to form to submit your name as a finisher (this is also an email opt-in opportunity).
- The National Park Travelers Club is the leading National Parks questing club, featuring a popular forum, achievement awards, and an annual in-person convention.
- National Parks Traveler is an excellent news resource for the latest on the National Parks.
Link to any blog posts related to this quest